Our Patients’ Charter is a modern device to help ensure the maintenance of our traditional good service and its future enhancement.
We commit ourselves to a level of service you can reasonably expect and advise how you can help.
We hope we will often exceed the standard set. If, occasionally, we do not achieve it, you are entitled to know why.
It does not cover everything and may seem obvious in parts. It makes a start in the use of up-to-date methods of quality control and clarifies our provision of care.
Under Our Patients’ Charter You can expect:
- To be greeted in a friendly and courteous manner
- That the premises will be clean, tidy and comfortable and that easy access for disabled and elderly patients will be provided
- Our staff will wear name badges so that you can identify the person you are speaking to
- To be offered an urgent appointment with an unspecified Doctor the same day.
- The Doctors aim to see you within 30 minutes of your appointment time. Should there be a delay an explanation will be given.
- To be offered a health check if you are a new patient
- A repeat prescription to be ready for collection after 2 working days. (Saturday and Sunday not included)
Patients Have Responsibilities Too
- To treat Doctors and staff in a reasonable and courteous manner, we operate a zero tolerance policy towards violence or aggression. If this is not adhered to patients will be removed from our list.
- To make every effort to be punctual for your appointment and cancel if you are unable to attend. We operate a very strict policy on missed appointments. If you miss 2 appointment it is likely that you will be asked to leave our list.
- To book more than 1 appointment if you have more than one problem or if you wish other members of your family to be seen
- To call before 11.00am if you require the G.P. to make a home visit
- To make sure the Doctor knows how to find your home
- To inform us of any change of address
- Accompany children aged less than 16 years when they are consulting with a health care professional
- Ensure that your family is fully immunised
- All new patients have a health check on registration. Always see the Doctor or Nurse at advised intervals for your medication reviews
We have a new tab which will display all our our current and past newsletters.